Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Roman style shrimp (with mint this time)

Okay, sorry for lack of updates. I've been cramming assignments and this became a lower priority. When I get busy, it usually implies more take-out and Subway and less cooking. But I did squeeze in a few home-cooked meals (I found that cooking helps me unwind) and managed to take pictures, even if I didn't write and post.

So here is the first. I enjoyed the Roman style shrimp so much that I could not wait to try it with mint. So I believe I actually cooked this the day after my last post. There's not much more to say, since it's the exact same recipe, except I threw in a cup of chopped mint near the end. Here are some pictures.


Note the chili flakes. I like spicy things so I added them to the recipe to give the dish an extra kick.


Same ingredients as above---except everything's been chopped up and rearranged.


With the mint, the sauce looks even better than last time. I've seriously been meaning to try this as a pasta sauce (as it was intended), but it goes really great with plain rice.

Next time, I'll experiment with different seafood (shrimp is relatively expensive here), most likely bay scallops and calamari (which I expected to be more expensive than shrimp, but is apparently a lot cheaper here in NYC). I'll also try replacing the mint with parsley.

No comments:

Post a Comment